Usher Raymond Trivia
Birth name: Usher Raymond IV
Date of birth: 14 October 1978
Place of birth: Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
Nickname: Big Ush, Big Tyme
Height: 5′ 8½” (1.74 m)
- Chosen as one of Teen People Magazine’s “21 Hottest Stars Under 21″ 
- An R&B/Rap Professional Performing Singer.
- Trademark is a diamond-encrusted ‘U’ medallion. A new one is made everytime Usher records a new album.
- Usher’s favortie candy is M&Ms and he likes to sort them by color before he eats them.
- The 8701 album so called because of the date of its release proved to be another success. It reached number 1 in the UK and Canada, number 4 on the Billboard 200 and number 3 on the R&B charts.
- Dating ‘Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas’ of the R&B group TLC. 
- Has an unreleased CD made with Dallas Austin. It would have came out between his first one and My Way. Confirmed in Request Magazine in 1998.
- “Pop Ya Collar” reached number 2 in the UK, and top 30 in Australia.
- Attended North Springs High School in Sandy Springs, Georgia.
- Broke up with ‘Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas’ (2004).
- [April 2004] His 5th album, “Confessions”, was released in the U.S. It sold over 1.1 million copies in its first week, the highest first-week total ever for an R&B album.
- “My Boo” featuring R&B artist Alicia Keys, has reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was featured on a re-release/repackaged version of Confessions, giving him a total of 7 number 1 singles in the US.
- Won 2 Grammy Awards, Best Male R&B Performance 2001 for U Remind Me, and Best Male R&B Performance 2002 for U Don’t Have To Call.
- Usher worked with rapper Jermaine Dupri for his second album “My Way”.
- Usher won a Grammy Award for “Best Male R&B Vocal” in the Grammy Awards of 2001 for “U Remind Me” off his 8701 album.
- “U Got It Bad” reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B/Hip Hop charts, number 3 in Australia and number 5 in the UK.
- “U Don’t Have To Call” reached number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 3 on the US R&B chart.
- “U Remind Me” reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B/Hip Hop charts, number 2 on the Rhythmic Top 40 chart, number 3 in Canada and the UK, and number 4 in Australia.
- Is the godson of actor Ben Vereen.
- Most famous relationship was with Rozanda “Chili” Thomas of the music group, TLC. The relationship lasted for 3 years.
- Is a co-owner of the (NBA team) Cleveland Cavaliers.
- At 12.1 seconds, he holds the record on “Star Search” (1983) for the longest note sung by a child.
- In 2005, Usher finalized a deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers to purchase partial ownership of the team and set up a residence in Solon, Ohio, one of the more affluent suburbs of Cleveland.
- Has a road named after him, the “Usher Raymond Parkway” in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Voted #1 on BET’s “All Shades of Fine: The 25 Hottest Men of the Past 25 Years” (2005).
- Confessions sold over 8 million copies making it the best selling CD in the United States for the year 2004.
- Has won 5 Grammys, 2 for 8701 and 3 for Confessions: -Best Male R&B Vocal Performance – “U Remind Me” -Best Male R&B Vocal Performance – “U Don’t Have To Call” -Best Contemporary R&B Album – “Confessions” -Best Rap/Sung Collaboration – “Yeah!” (feat. Lil’ Jon & Ludacris) -Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals – “My Boo” (with Alicia Keys)
- The first single from the album “Confessions”. “Yeah!” featuring Ludacris and Lil Jon has topped the US Billboard Hot 100, European, Australian, World, US and World R&B charts, World Adult, Norwegian, Swiss, Dutch and the UK charts in 2004, and it also reached number 2 in Canada.
- In the movie “In The Mix,” all his tattoos are edited out. However in some photos you can still see them.
- Usher is also the first artist to have a number-one single on the UK Singles Chart and the Billboard Hot 100 during the 1990s, 2000s, and the 2010s.
- Raymond v. Raymond, was released on March 26, 2010 in Germany, on March 30, 2010 in the US, and was released April 26, 2010 in the UK