Seann William Scott Trivia
Birth name: Sean William Scott
Date of birth: 3 October 1976
Place of birth: Cottage Grove, Minnesota, USA
Nickname: Sean, Seannie, Bro Jam, The Kid, The Shark.
Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
- Seann was born and raised in Minnesota.
- Seann grew up in Cottage Grove, Minnesota, and was discovered by ABC in a talent competition.
- While in L.A., he was once robbed by South Central Gangbangers. They took his shirt, his shoes, and a one-dollar bill while he was trying to get to a “Baywatch” (1989) audition.
- Seann’s childhood nicknames included “Seannie,” “Bro Jam,” “The Kid,” and “The Shark.”
- Seann was inspired to become an actor while working double shifts at the local movie theater, where he was able to see as many movies as he wanted for free. He figured that acting would be a fun job, so he gave it a shot!
- Seann doesn’t like being credited as “Seann William Scott” because William is his middle name and he thinks it confuses people.
- He was flown to test for the hit ABC soap opera, “All My Children.” Seann also was cast on the tv show, “Something So Right” on ABC.
- Seann lost his virginity at age 19.
- Graduated from Park High School in Cottage Grove, Minnesota.
- While vacationing in Australia after finishing American Pie (1999), Seann was approached by a man who asked if his daughter could have an autograph since she was such a big fan of the movie. Seann obliged, and was surprised to find out that the man’s daughter – a rabid “American Pie” fan – was only 7 years old.
- Seann had his first alcoholic beverage at age 21.
- Is the youngest of seven children. Both of his parents had three children from a previous marriage before he was born.
- Seann had a cameo role in Kevin Smith’s Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
- Made a guest appearance on the WB show, “Unhappily Ever After”.
- While vacationing in Australia after finishing “American Pie,” Seann was approached by a man who asked if his daughter could have an autograph since she was such a big fan of the movie. Seann obliged, and was surprised to find out that the man’s daughter — a rabid “American Pie” fan — was only 7 years old.
- He was inspired to become an actor while working double shifts at the local movie theater and seeing all the movies he could watch.
- Grew up not far from the Eden Prairie mall, the location at which much of Kevin Smith’s Mallrats (1995) was filmed. He is a huge fan of the movie, has a one sheet above his bed and jumped at the chance to work with Smith on Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001).
- Seann has said that he enjoys “going commando.”
- After filming American Pie (1999), he was a “Churro” guy at the Los Angeles Zoo.
- Made a cameo in Aerosmith’s music video for “Hole In My Soul.”.
- Attended Glendale Community College, Glendale, California.
- Always signs autographs, “God Bless, Sean William Scott”.
- Scott burst onto the scene with his memorable role in American Pie as the loveable, yet annoying jock “Steve Stifler.”
- Seann received an award at the 2004 MTV Movie Awards for “Best Dance Sequence” in American Wedding.
- He was working at a Home Depot and struggling for small TV roles when he was cast in American Pie (1999).
- Auditioned for a role in director Cameron Crowe’s Elizabethtown (2005) but lost out to Orlando Bloom.
- Won the role of Kar in Bulletproof Monk (2003) after Heath Ledger dropped out.
- He was considered for the role of Evan Treborn in The Butterfly Effect (2004). The role of Evan went to Ashton Kutcher.
- Hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 2003 along with Justin Timberlake
- Born on exactly the same day as Lena Headey.
- Seann is currently filming Southland Tales. He plays a police officer (2006).
- Seann William appears in Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (2006) as Crash.
- Seann William Scott did the voice of Crash in the movie Ice Age: The meltdown (2006).