Birth name: Alecia Beth Moore
Date of birth: 8 September 1979
Place of birth: Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA
Nickname: P!NK, Pink
Height: 5′ 4″ (1.63 m)
Spouse: Carey Hart (7 January 2006 – present)
- Grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- P!nk has been managed by Craig Logan of Bros fame.
- Pink began her career as an R&B artist, signed to the predominately urban label LaFace Records.
- She attended Moore College of Art and Design for a year before dropping out
- Her hit song “Most Girls” was dubbed the “I Will Survive” for the new millennium by Teen People magazine.
- Was once on the short list of people to play Janis Joplin in an upcoming biopic called The gospel according to Janis.
- Remade the Patti LaBelle classic “Lady Marmalade” along with Mya, Kimberly ‘Lil’ Kim’ Jones and Christina Aguilera for the Moulin Rouge! (2001) soundtrack.
- Claims her name derives from the movie Reservoir Dogs (1992). while seeing the movie with friends, they all agreed that she resembled the character Mr. Pink, played by Steve Buscemi. They thought the name to be a great irony, as she was a tomboy.
- Was the lead singer of a rock band before getting a record deal.
- She got her stage name from her rosy complexion and the Steve Buscemi character “Mr. Pink” from Reservoir Dogs (1992).
- Attended Central Bucks West High, class of 1997.
- Sometimes writes her name: P!nk
- Her father is a Vietnam Veteran.
- Met her boyfriend, motor cross superstar Carey Hart at the 2001 X Games in Las Vegas.
- She’s a big supporter of the animal-rights organization PETA.
- Dated Tommy Lee.
- Tattoos: on her shoulder (the guardian angel), on her wrist (what goes around comes around), on her left ankle (Chinese/Japanese symbol), on her right ankle (an anklet), on her inner left thigh (“Mr. Pink” or “Pink”), and on her hand (a red star between her index and thumb) and an barcode for her album M!ssundaztood on back of her neck.
- She was voted one of Choice USA’s “Top 30 Under 30″ activists for reproductive freedom in 2004.
- Her favorite colors are green and pink.
- Her natural hair color is blonde
- Ranked #36 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” (2002).
- Is good friends with Avril Lavigne and Lisa Marie Presley.
- Is the second cousin of singer/actress Mandy Moore.
- Engaged to Carey Hart on June 26, 2005.
- She has a brother called Jason Moore.