Meg Ryan Trivia
Birth name: Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra
Date of birth: 19 November 1961
Place of birth: Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
Nickname: Meg Ryan
Height: 5′ 8″ (1.73 m)
Spouse: Dennis Quaid (14 February 1991 – 16 July 2001) (divorced) 1 child.
- Graduated from Bethel High School. Was Prom Queen. 
- Asteroid 8353 Megryan was named after her.
- Ranked #57 in Premiere (USA) magazine’s “The 100 Most Powerful People in Hollywood” list. [June 1999]
- Ranked #59 on Entertainment Weekly’s most powerful people in Hollywood 
- Voted most favorite female movie star by the readers and online users of the “People Weekly Magazine” [April 1998]
- Ranked #94 in Empire (UK) magazine’s “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” list. [October 1997]
- Began Prufrock Pictures in 1994.
- Son, with Dennis Quaid, Jack Henry Quaid (b. 24 April 1992).
- Met actor Anthony Edwards during the making of the film Top Gun (1986) and moved in with him. They were a couple until she met actor Dennis Quaid during the film Innerspace (1987), and she moved in with and eventually married him.
- Turned down the Sharon Stone role in Basic Instinct (1992)
- “Meg Ryan” is an anagram of “Germany”.
- Shut down Prufrock Pictures 
- Born at 10:08 AM EST
- Savage Garden’s song ‘All Around Me’ was written about her, inspired by a crush from Daniel Jones, the band’s composer.
- 4 February 2002 – An L.A. judge granted a restraining order against John Michael Hughes, a 40 year old real estate agent who had been hanging around Ryan’s home claiming to be her fiancee.
- Measurements: 34B/C-24-33 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Member of jury Festival International de Cannes 2003
- Has been linked romantically to actors Russell Crowe, John Cusack, Breckin Meyer, Matt Dillon & Craig Bierko; as well as Aussie underwear model Travis Fimmel.
- Took three weeks of boxing lessons, to prepare for her role in Against the Ropes (2004); Ryan wanted to understand the sport, and the terms her character would use.
- Shares a birthday with Jodie Foster, Terry Farrell, and Allison Janney.
- Shared an L.A. house with Daphne Zuniga when both were struggling actresses
- Lost the lead role in Washington Square (1997) to Jennifer Jason Leigh
- She and actor Tom Hanks have been co-stars in three movies as love interests: Sleepless in Seattle (1993), Joe Versus the Volcano (1990), and You’ve Got Mail (1998).
- Ryan is an outspoken liberal and supported John Kerry during the 2004 presidential elections.
- Did several national commercials as a teenager for Barbie and other products.
- Voted “cutest” girl in school, class secretary, and homecoming queen her senior year of high school.
- Ryan’s estranged mother, Sue Ryan Jordan, is a 27-year survivor of breast cancer and is a breast cancer advocate
- Made a memorably unforthcoming appearance on a British chat show hosted by Michael Parkinson. The October 2003 episode of Parkinson’s chat show has become part of British television history due to the actress’s bizarre behavior in which she gave only one word answers to questions and stared icily at the host. Ryan appeared on the program to promote her erotic thriller, In the Cut (2003), but refused to answer Parkinson’s questions about the drastic change from her typical romantic comedy roles. Ryan’s estranged mother, Sue Ryan Jordan, is a 27-year survivor of breast cancer and is a breast cancer advocate
- At one point Parkinson said in exasperation, “What would you do now if you were me?” to which Ryan replied, “Why not wrap it up?” About the televised debacle, Parkinson later said that Ryan was his “most difficult TV moment.” He felt her rude behavior toward his fellow guests, Trinny Woodall and Susannah Constantine, whom she deliberately turned her back on, was unforgivable. Parkinson said, “I should have closed it. But listen, it happens. She was an unhappy woman. I felt sorry for her. What I couldn’t forgive her for was that she was rude to the other guests.”
- In a 2006 interview with “Marie Claire” magazine, Ryan blamed Parknson’s paternal manner for the failure of the interview. Ryan said, “I don’t even know the man. That guy was like some disapproving father! It’s crazy. I don’t know what he is to you guys, but he’s a nut. I felt like he was berating me for being naked in the movie. He said something like: ‘You should go back to doing what you were doing’. And I thought, are you like a disapproving dad right now? I’m not even related to you. Back off, buddy. I was so offended by him.” Ryan also underscored the difference between American and British TV interviewing styles. “I realized it’s not like an American talk show where it’s seven minutes and then there’s a commercial break. I had to do 20 minutes straight with this guy, and I could either walk off – which wouldn’t be good – or try to disagree with him very respectfully.”
- A famous haircut by Sally Hershberger was named “Meg” in honor of Ryan, since she was the first one to have it.
- Adopted daughter Daisy True from China in January 2006 (revealed on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” (1986) March 1, 2006).
- In January 2006, Ryan brought her newly adopted daughter from China. The baby is about a year old and was originally named Charlotte True, but later Ryan said, “I already had to change her name. I thought she was Charlotte and she’s just not… she’s a Daisy.”
- Ryan recently talked with Oprah Winfrey (March 1, 2006, The Oprah Winfrey Show) about her work with CARE in India and empowering women in poor countries.