Katherine Heigl Trivia
Birth name: Katherine Marie Heigl
Date of birth: 24 November 1978
Place of birth: Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
- Heigl was born in Washington, D.C. to Paul Heigl (a German American accountant) and Nancy (an Irish American).
- She was raised a Mormon. A few years after Heigl’s birth, the family moved to New Canaan, Connecticut, where her older brother, Jason, died in 1986 of injuries suffered in a car accident.
- Despite their grief, the family decided to donate Jason’s organs, which motivated Katherine to become a strong proponent of organ donation.
- When she was nine years old, an aunt visiting the family decided to take a number of photographs of the young Heigl.
- After returning to her home in New York, the aunt sent the photos to a number of modeling agencies, with the permission of Katherine’s parents. Within a few weeks, Heigl was signed as a child model.
- Was with the Elite Modelling Agency.
- Has two older brothers, Holt and John; and older sister, Meg. Had another brother Jason pass away from head injuries suffered in a car accident.
- Auditioned for all 3 female leads on “Roswell” (1999) before being cast as Isabel.
- She is half Irish and half German.
- Former model.
- Began dating Joseph Lawrence in 1994. They met at Seventeen Magazine’s 50th Anniversary party.
- Graduated from New Canaan High School class of 1996.
- Beat out Alicia Silverstone for the lead role in My Father the Hero (1994).
- Her brother Jason died when Katherine was young.
- Played the cello in High School.
- Ranked #72 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women In The World” (2002)
- Has the same birthday as her former “Roswell” (1999) co-star Colin Hanks.
- Former girlfriend of Joseph Lawrence
- Her last name is pronounced “HI guhl.”
- Has played a character with the name of “Isabel” or “Isobel” three times. “Grey’s Anatomy” (2005), “Roswell” (1999) and Wuthering Heights (2003) (TV).
- Ranked as #55 in FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005″ special supplement. (2005)
- Cut & dyed her hair for season 3 of “Roswell” (1999).
- Engaged to musician Josh Kelley.
- In Judd Apatow’s film, The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005), the FHM “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005″ special supplement with Katherine on the cover is shown in close-up during a scene on the extended version DVD. Katherine plays the lead in Apatow’s follow-up, Knocked Up (2007).
- In 2005, Heigl had her breakthrough role as Dr. Isobel “Izzie” Stevens on Grey’s Anatomy, an ABC medical drama that was originally brought in as a mid-season replacement show and has become a huge hit.
- Heigl stars alongside Ellen Pompeo, Sandra Oh, Patrick Dempsey and Isaiah Washington as a surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. In 2005, Heigl also landed the starring role of Karly Hert in the indie film Side Effects.
- Named #19 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006″ supplement. (2006).
- Heigl won greater financial success after Knocked Up (2007). The movie grossed $148,761,765 in the U.S., for which she earned a salary of $300,000 USD. Heigl got higher wages in the film 27 Dresses (2008), for which she received $6 million USD.
- Heigl married Josh Kelley in Park City, Utah, on December 23, 2007.
- On September 16, 2007, Heigl won an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her role as Izzie Stevens.
- Katherine Heigl was announced the Most Desirable Woman of 2008.
- In 2009, Heigl starred opposite Gerard Butler in The Ugly Truth, which opened July 24.
- Heigl played in Lionsgate thriller Killers, opposite Ashton Kutcher, and it was released June 4, 2010.