Jean Reno Trivia
Birth name: Don Juan Moreno y Jederique Jimenez
Date of birth: 30 July 1948
Place of birth: Casablanca, Morocco
Height: 6′ 3″ (1.91 m)
Spouse: Nathalie Dyszkiewicz (1996 – present) 2 children, Geneviève (? – ?) (divorced) 2 children.
- His parents were born in Sanlucar de Barrameda, Cadiz (Spain) and they left Casablanca to go to France when Jean was 12 years old.
- His mother died when he was an adolescent.
- Lives in Paris with his two children and his girlfriend, a model.
- Daughter born in Paris, France [28 June 1998]
- Turned down the role of Agent Smith in the The Matrix (1999) to do Godzilla (1998)
- He has twice played characters whose occupation of “cleaner” did not involve a mop – psychotic Victor the Cleaner (Victor nettoyeur) in Nikita (1990), and the calm assassin Léon in Léon (1994) (also known as The Professional).
- He has two children from his first marriage to Geneviève: Sandra (b. 1978) and Mickael (b. 1980)
- He met his second wife, model Nathalie, on the Champs Elysées (Paris biggest avenue)
- He has two children with Nathalie: Tom (b. 1996) and Serena (b. 1998)
- He had a role in every play of stage director Didier Flamand from 1977 to 1981, and then had the lead role in Flamand’s first short movie Vis, La (1993).
- Due to his tall, hulking frame, he most played villainous brutes early on in his career. Thanks to his skills as an actor, he has broken away from this stereotype and has played everything from romantic-comedy leads to action heroes.
- Plays Bezu Fache in The Da Vinci Code (2006). Before that film was made, Harvey Keitel played a similar role in National Treasure (2004), which also deals with historical secrets being kept by ancient societies, including the Knights Templar. Keitel also played The Cleaner in Point of No Return (1993), which was a remake of Nikita (1990), in which Reno played the Cleaner.
- Has, due to his versatility as an actor, appeared in both Léon: The Professional, which has a well-deserved spot in the top 250, and Rollerball, which has a well-deserved spot in the bottom 100.
- In 2006, he had a prominent role in the remake of The Pink Panther and its sequel, playing Gilbert Ponton, the partner of Inspector Clouseau opposite Steve Martin.
- Also portrayed Captain Bezu Fache in the Ron Howard film The Da Vinci Code.
- Among his most successful films are Les Visiteurs and L’Enquete corse.
- He maintains homes in Paris, Malaysia and in Los Angeles.