Isla Fisher Trivia
Birth name: Isla Lang Fisher
Date of birth: 3 February 1976
Place of birth: Muscat, Oman
Height: 5′ 3″ (1.60 m)
Spouse: Sacha Baron Cohen (15 March 2010 – present) 2 children
- Born to Scottish parents in the Arabian country of Oman, her family moved to Australia in the early 1980s.
- Despite being born in Oman, an Arab country, both of her parents are Scottish
- Raised in Australia, currently lives in England.
- At nine years old she was appearing in Australian TV commercials.
- Her first job was as a lottery ad extra. She was so excited that she hyperventilated for four hours and nearly fainted
- Is a natural redhead but wore a blonde wig for Scooby-Doo (2002) because Sarah Michelle Gellar was supposed to be the only redhead in the film.
- Fiancee of British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, better known as Ali G.
- She was picked by the readers of FHM magazine as #35 on the list of the “100 Sexiest Women in the World”, and in 2003 she placed 26th.
- Was once engaged to Darren Day.
- Despite being born in Oman, an Arab country, both of her parents are Scottish.
- Her first job was as a lottery ad extra. She was so excited that she hyperventilated for four hours and nearly fainted.
- Her mother is a romantic novellist.
- In 2007, she appeared in The Lookout, a thriller film co-starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Matthew Goode
- She was scheduled to appear in The Simpsons Movie, although her appearance was cut from the final version.
- In 2008, she starred in Definitely, Maybe, with Ryan Reynolds, Elizabeth Banks, Rachel Weisz, and Abigail Breslin.
- She starred in the movie adaptation of the book Confessions of a Shopaholic, which opened on February 13, 2009. In the film, Fisher played a college graduate who works as a financial journalist in New York City to support her shopping addiction.
- Fisher has spoken out against the lack of opportunities for comediennes in Hollywood. In 2010, she stars in the black comedy Burke and Hare.
- Fisher first met English comedian Sacha Baron Cohen in 2002 at a party in Sydney, Australia.
- The couple became engaged in 2004, and wed on March 15, 2010 in Paris, France.
- In order to marry Baron Cohen, Fisher converted to Judaism after three years of study and completed her conversion in early 2007.
- She took on the Hebrew name Ayala, the Hebrew word for Doe; she has described herself as “quite observant”.
- Fisher and Baron Cohen have a daughter, Olive, born on October 19, 2007 in Los Angeles, and a second child, born in the summer of 2010.