Eazy E Trivia
Birth Name: Eric Wright
Date of birth: 7 September 1963
Place of birth: Compton, California, USA
Date of death: 26 March 1995
Place of death: Los Angeles, California, USA. (complications from AIDS)
Nickname: Eazy E
Height: 5′ 5″ (1.65 m)
Spouse: Tomica Wright (19 March 1995 – 26 March 1995) (his death) 2 children
- Has a day each year in his name in Compton, Eazy-E day, by order of the mayor.
- Has nine children by seven different women.
- Played drums and piano competently (though not expertly).
- His most famous song “Boyz in the Hood” was never meant to be sung by him. It was intended for an east side group called “HBO” to sing.
- He was the unofficial front man of N.W.A., although he had relatively little contribution to the music (all of it being crafted by Dr. Dre) and even his own lyrics (most of which were written for him by Ice Cube).
- N.W.A. was voted the 33rd Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Artists of all time by Rolling Stone.
- Was a member of the Kelly Park Compton Crips.
- Married the mother of his last two children one week before his death.
- Fellow NWA rapper DJ Yella wrote a solo single called “One More Nigga To Go” in dedication to him, and to help raise money for college for his nine kids. Yella reportedly also was the only member of NWA to stay friends with him all the way from beginning to end.
- On his death bed, Eazy married long-term girlfriend (and mother of his two children) Tomica Woods, who inherited his share of Ruthless Records. He was buried at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier, California.
- In November 1995, shortly after Eazy-E’s death, Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton was released.