Diane Kruger Trivia
Birth name: Diane Heidkrueger
Date of birth: 15 July 1976
Place of birth: Algermissen, near Hildesheim, Germany
Height: 5′ 8″ (1.73 m)
Spouse: Guillaume Canet (1 September 2001 – 2006) (divorced)
- Was a finalist in Elite’s 1992 Look Of The Year competition at age 15.
- Measurements: 33 1/2-23-34 1/2 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Her parents are divorced, she remains in contact with her mum but hasn’t spoken to her father in years.
- Intended to become a professional ballet dancer.
- Suffered from a knee injury at the age of 18 so she had to quit ballet.
- Left high school early and moved to Paris where she signed up with Elite.
- Starred in French productions “Mon idole” (2002) opposite her husband, “Ni pour, ni contre (bien au contraire)” (2003) aka “Not for or Against” and “Michel Vaillant” (2003).
- Had to gain 15 lbs for Troy (2004) because director Wolfgang Petersen wanted her to appear rounder. She has since lost the weight.
- Over 3000 tapes had been viewed by the producers
- She has a younger brother, Stefan.
- Featured on posters on advertising pillars promoting her ballet school Freese-Baus
- Modeled under her birth name, Diane Heidkrueger, in the mid to late-1990s.
- Originally a ballet dancer, but quit dancing due to an injury.
- Lives in Paris with her husband.
- German citizen.
- Trained at the Ecole Florent and won the Classe Libre award for best actor in her year.
- People magazine included Diane in its annual 50 Most Beautiful People in the World issue, in 2004.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2005 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actress category for her performance in the film Troy (2004), however, she failed to receive a nomination.
- Kruger divides her time between Paris and Vancouver.
- She married French actor and director Guillaume Canet on 1 September 2001. They divorced in 2006.
- She has been in a relationship with Joshua Jackson since 2006.
- Kruger is a brand ambassador for watch manufacturer Jaeger-LeCoultre.
- In December 2009, she was announced as the global spokesmodel for L’Oréal.
- In 2010 she has become the latest face for Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance line, Beauty.
- Kruger made a cameo appearance in an April 2010 episode of the Fox show Fringe, in which her boyfriend, actor Joshua Jackson is a star.