Daniel Craig Trivia
Birth name: Daniel Wroughton Craig
Date of birth: 2 March 1968
Place of birth: Chester, Cheshire, England, UK
Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
Nickname: Dani, Mr Potato Head
Spouse: Fiona Loudon (1992 – 1994) (divorced) 1 child
- He was born in Chester, the son of a steel erector and an art teacher.
- He was brought up in Prescot, near Liverpool. He also attended Hilbre High School, West Kirby (near Liverpool) and played rugby at nearby Hoylake Rugby Club.
- Lived in London with German actress Heike Makatsch. [April 2001]
- He has a daughter, who lives with his ex-wife in London.
- 2000: Named as one of European films ‘Shooting Stars’ by European Film Promotion.
- Craig says that in real life, he’s not like Bond or the unnamed drug dealer he plays in Layer Cake.
- Daniel has a daughter from an earlier marriage to a fellow actor.
- Said he was terrified when he was told that he would have to perform an intimate scene with a much older woman in THE MOTHER.
- He was nominated for a 2002 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Actor for his performance in A Number at the Royal Court Theatre Downstairs.
- He had a short but very public affair with super model Kate Moss.
- Ewan McGregor and Joseph Fiennes were his fellow students at the prestigious Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- Said he was so nervous during his first meeting with ROAD TO PERDITION castmates Tom Hanks and Paul Newman that he couldn’t physically find the words to answer their friendly questions.
- Hated James Bond when he was a child, according to his mum.
- Gwyneth Paltrow had to remove her shoes when filming scenes in SYLVIA because Craig is much shorter than she is.
- Some of his earlyest work includes minor roles in the TV shows Boon, Heartbeat and Drop the Dead Donkey.
- One of the many actors considered to take over James Bond from Pierce Brosnan. He officially accepted the role in October, 2005.
- Daniel is four years younger than Pierce Brosnan was when he agreed to become Bond.
- Denied rumors he was dating supermodel Kate Moss.
- His favorite icecream flavor is vanilla.
- His breakthrough as an actor came with the role of Geordie Peacock in the TV series Our Friends in the North.
- In 2000 he was named as one of European films ‘Shooting Stars’ by European Film Promotion.
- Stunned James Bond bosses when he couldn’t drive 007′s classic car.
- Craig will be the 6th James Bond.
- The first blond actor to portray James Bond.
- Made the admission that he never wanted to play James Bond after receiving hate mail from hardcore fans of the spy franchise.
- Says that his portrayal of James Bond makes the agent more human and fallible.
- Was the last actor considered for the role of “Rorschach” in the doomed movie adaptation of Alan Moore’s comic-book mini-series, Watchmen (2006).
- Is reportedly unable to take the heat of the Bahamas where he is currently filming for CASINO ROYALE.
- A group of James Bond fans launched a website to protest against Craig replacing Pierce Brosnan in CASINO ROYALE.
- Had two teeth knocked out during his first fight scene in CASINO ROYALE.
- On October 9, 2005, the News of the World newspaper revealed that Craig had been having an affair with Sienna Miller, his co-star in Layer Cake (2005). Miller had recently been engaged to Jude Law; Law previously had an affair with his children’s nanny in July.
- Has urged producers to cast Sienna Miller as his love interest in CASINO ROYALE.
- Craig co-starred with Hugh Jackman, in a limited engagement of the play A Steady Rain, on Broadway at the Schoenfeld Theatre, which opened in previews on 10 September 2009 and closed on 6 December 2009.
- Craig lend his voice and likeness as James Bond for both the Nintendo Wii game GoldenEye 007, an enhanced remake of the 1997 game for the Nintendo 64, and Blood Stone, an original game for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS, and Microsoft Windows.
- On 19 April 2010, Craig’s expected third Bond film (the 23rd overall in the series) was announced to have been suspended indefinitely due to the crippling debt and uncertain future of MGM. Both Craig and Sam Mendes, however, hope to resume work on the film soon.
- In August 2010, Craig has been cast as crusading journalist Mikael Blomkvist in David Fincher’s adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s novel The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.