Clive Owen Trivia
Birth name: Clive Owen
Date of birth: 3 October 1964
Place of birth: Keresley, Coventry, Warwickshire, England, UK
Height: 6′ 2½” (1.89 m)
Spouse: Sarah-Jane Fenton (6 March 1995 – present) 2 children.
- Owen was born in Coventry, West Midlands, England, the fourth of five brothers.
- Clive was raised by his raised by his mother and stepfather.
- Clive and his wife have two daughters: Hannah and Eve.
- Had a recurring role on a series of BMW commercials as their mysterious driver. He played a valet in the film Gosford Park (2001) and played a fellow “Agent” named the Professor in The Bourne Identity (2002) who was sent to kill Bourne.
- Was accepted into the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1984. After he graduated, he joined the Young Vic Theatre.
- Has four brothers and was raised by his mother and stepfather.
- Has 2 daughters: Hannah and Eve.
- Is a huge David Bowie fan and has called singer “the biggest musical influence on my life.” He says, “I don’t know why, but no one else has ever had such an effect on me. I didn’t have most of his work. I had everything.” In the 1970s, when Bowie was changing his appearance and style with every album, Owen would re-dye his hair whatever color Bowie’s was at the time.
- Turned down the role as The Driver for BMW twice. He was sent a copy of the script for the first ad, read it and was impressed by its presentation. He immediately accepted the role, jumped on a plane to LA, and was whisked away to the set of the first ad as soon as he landed.
- Two of his brothers, Alan and Lee, became musicians and released a single called “Heartbeat.”
- Met his wife at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art while doing Romeo and Juliet.
- Mentioned in the song ‘Risen Within’ by MC Homicide featuring PAZ.
- Clive turned down the role as “The Driver” for BMW twice. He was sent a copy of the script for the first ad, read it and was impressed by its presentation. He immediately accepted the role, jumped on a plane to LA, and was whisked away to the set of the first ad as soon as he landed.
- When his Beyond Borders (2003) co-star Angelina Jolie told him he looked sexy, she says, he “fell over laughing”.
- In 2002, Clive won the Golden Satellite Awards Special Achievement Award for Outstanding Motion Picture Ensemble for: Gosford Park (2001). It was shared with: Eileen Atkin, Bob Balaban, Alan Bates, Charles Dance, Stephen Fry, Michael Gambon, Richard E. Grant, Tom Hollander, Derek Jacobi, Kelly Macdonald, Helen Mirren, Jeremy Northam, Ryan Phillippe, Kristin Scott Thomas, Maggie Smith, Geraldine Somerville, Sophie Thompson, Emily Watson, and James Wilby.
- In 2004, Clive won the TFCA Award for Best Supporting Performance, Male for: Closer (2004).
- In 2002, Clive won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by the Cast of a Theatrical Motion Picture for: Gosford Park (2001).
- Clive is a huge David Bowie biggest musical influence on my life.” He says, “I don’t know why, but no one else has ever had such an effect on me. I didn’t have most of his work. I had everything.” In the 70s, when Bowie was changing his appearance and style with every album, Owen would re-dye his hair whatever colour Bowie’s was at the time.
- In 2002, Clive was nominated for the PFCS Award for Best Acting Ensemble for: Gosford Park (2001).
- In 2002, Clive won the OFCS Award for Best Ensemble for: Gosford Park (2001).
- In 2005, Clive was nominated for the Golden Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Drama for: Closer (2004).
- Clive appeared in a Masterpiece Theater presentation of Precious Bane. He starred with Janet McTeer, as her brother, Gideon.
- Invited to join AMPAS in 2005.
- He is a supporter of Liverpool Football Club.
- Clive met his wife at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art while doing Romeo and Juliet. Sarah-Jane was the Juliet to his Romeo.
- Was voted “Best dressed male” by GQ magazine in 2006.
- Despite public denials, Owen had long been rumoured to be a possible successor to Pierce Brosnan in the role of James Bond. Rumours intensified after Brosnan admitted that he would not play the part again, but in October of 2005 it was announced that British actor Daniel Craig would take Brosnan’s place.
- Unconfirmed sources stated that Owen had turned down the role to avoid typecasting. In 2006 he spoofed the Bond connection by making an appearance in the remake of The Pink Panther in which he plays a character named 006.
- He is 6’2 1/2” tall.
- It has been reported that Owen and Denzel Washington will return for the sequel to Inside Man in 2010. In April 2010, he was cast as the lead in Juan Carlos Fresnadillo’s horror-thriller Intruders.
- In June 2010 it was announced that Owen and Nicole Kidman will star in an HBO film about Ernest Hemingway and his relationship with Martha Gellhorn entitled Hemingway & Gellhorn. James Gandolfini will serve as executive producer to the film written by Barbara Turner and Jerry Stahl. The film will be directed by Philip Kaufman and will reportedly begin shooting next year.