Chris Tucker Trivia
Birth name: Christopher Tucker
Date of birth: 31 October 1972
Place of birth: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Height: 6′ 1″ (1.85 m)
Trade mark: Motormouth talker
- Stand-up comic.
- Well known for parodying the Cuban accent of the Tony Montana character from Scarface (1983).
- His breakout role was that of “Smokey” in Friday (1995).
- In 1999, he signed a two-picture $45 million deal with New Line Cinema — including $20 million to co-star in Rush Hour 2 (2001) and $25 million to co-write, direct and star in Mr. President (2002) . However, Tucker agreed to receive NO backend percentage of the box office gross.
- Graduate of Columbia High School.
- He has a son named Destin Christopher Tucker.
- On April 17, 2005, he was arrested in Georgia for reckless driving and fleeing to elude after he did not pull over right away. Sheriffs claimed he was driving 109 mph in his 2005 Bentley.
- On May 25, 2005 he testified in defense of Michael Jackson during Jackson’s trial on charges of child molestation.
- Appears occasionally at charity concerts and functions and is dedicated to helping bring attention to African poverty and hunger issues in America.
- Tucker is friends with fellow Rush Hour star Jackie Chan, and was also close friends with the late singer Michael Jackson, introducing and dancing with him at his 30th Anniversary Special, appearing in Jackson’s video “You Rock My World” from his 2001 album Invincible and attending Jackson’s memorial service.
- A friend of Bill Clinton, Tucker has travelled with the former President overseas, though he endorsed Barack Obama rather than Hillary Clinton in the 2008 primaries.
- Tucker participated in a PBS documentary on the genetic makeup of African Americans. He found he has African American, European American, and Native American ancestry.
- Through DNA tests (as aired on the 2006 PBS documentary African American Lives), Tucker’s paternal ancestry was traced back to the Mbundu ethnic group of Angola and one line of his mother’s to the Bamileke of Cameroon.
- He also managed to trace his family tree back to the 1830s.
- Tucker was shown traveling to Angola, the birthplace of his ancestors, with the program’s host Henry Louis Gates.
- On February 13, 2009, Tucker participated in the NBA All-Star Weekend’s Celebrity Game.