Adam Sandler Trivia
Birth name: Adam Richard Sandler
Date of birth: 9 September 1966
Place of birth: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Height: 5′ 10″ (1.78 m)
Spouse: Titone, Jackie (22 June 2003 – present) 1 child.
- Adam’s comedy album “Stan and Judy’s Kid” set a record for most albums sold by a comedy album in its first week. It debuted at number 16 on the Billboard charts. All three of his previous comedy albums have gone platinum.
- Graduated from New York University (1991).
- Grew up in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Often casts Allen Covert, Blake Clark, Peter Dante, Jonathan Loughran, Steve Buscemi and former SNL players in his films such as Rob Schneider.
- Was originally cast for a role in Very Bad Things (1998).
- In 1988, he was hired as a VeeJay for MTV’s TV-trivia game show “Remote Control” (1987).
- Dated actress Alicia Silverstone.
- Is a fan of professional wrestling, and most of his self-written films have references to professional wrestling in them (the principal in Billy Madison (1995), Captain Insano in The Waterboy (1998), Chief Jay Strongbow’s sleeper hold in Big Daddy (1999), mind-wrestling and Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister – a.k.a. the WWF’s Zeus – in Little Nicky (2000), etc). Sandler even appeared on “WWF Smackdown!” (1999) to promote Little Nicky (2000). Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg, ‘”Stone Cold” Steve Austin’ ; all professional wrestlers, appeared in Adam’s recent film, The Longest Yard (2005).
- Announced engagement to longtime girlfriend, model/actress Jackie Sandler. [June 2002]
- Ranked #35 in Premiere’s 2003 annual Power 100 List. Had ranked #43 the previous two years.
- His sister is a dentist.
- Started Happy Madison Productions, which is behind most of his films.
- His production company, Happy Madison, is named after two of his films, Happy Gilmore (1996) and Billy Madison (1995).
- His beloved dog, Meatball, who also has a section on Adam’s official website with photos and videos, passed away due to a heart attack, at 4 years old. He was the son of Mr. Beefy, the talking dog in Little Nicky (2000). Meatball was best “man” at Sandler’s wedding and was dressed in a tux, with a yarmulka on his head. [January 27 2004].
- Is a major Yankee fan, refers to the team in some of his films especially – Anger Management (2003). He has also been known to have gone to games when the Yankees are playing.
- He is a huge fan of Van Halen and Styx. There is usually a reference or song in his movies.
- He was originally set to play taxi driver Max in Collateral (2004) opposite Tom Cruise but he backed out to work on Spanglish (2004). Jamie Foxx was cast in Collateral (2004) instead. Jamie Foxx went on to be nominated for an Academy Award for the role.
- Shares a birthday with Hugh Grant.
- Was parodied by Jimmy Fallon on “Saturday Night Live” (1975).
- Performed at the RNC (Republican national conference) in 2004.
- Was a Resident Advisor in Brittany Hall during his time at New York University.
- Spoke at Manchester Central High School’s 2003 Graduation, the same school he graduated from. His nephew was one of three Valedictorians that year.
- Attended WWE’s Wrestlemania 21 at April 2005.
- His favourite bands ever are Van Halen and Styx.
- Has starred alongside Drew Barrymore in two movies: The Wedding Singer (1998) and 50 First Dates (2004).
- Never does print interviews and very rarely does television interviews.
- Adam wore an Armani tux in his June 2003 wedding to Jackie Sandler.
- Was considered for the role of “Willy Wonka” in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005).
- He and his wife, Jackie Sandler, became the parents of a baby Sadie Madison, on May 6, 2006 in Los Angeles.
- Has worked with director Frank Coraci three times: The Wedding Singer (1998), The Waterboy (1998) and Click (2006).
- Ranked #24 on Premiere’s 2006 “Power 50″ list. Had ranked #24 in 2005 as well.
- Sandler cast in Just Go with It 2011 with Jennifer Aniston, a romantic comedy written by Allan Loeb and Tim Dowling and directed by Dennis Dugan.
- Sandler will provide the voice of a capuchin monkey in Kevin James’ Zookeeper 2011.